Premature ejaculation is a problem that affects 30% of the male population and consists of the absolute lack of control over ejaculation affecting both the individual suffering it and his partner.

To have premature ejaculation, one of three requirements must be met.

Ejaculation must take place in less than a minute of starting the sexual act, the individual must not be pleased with the time that takes him to ejaculate or experienced dissatisfaction with the performance in the sexual act. When any of these three requirements are met, we can confirm that he suffers from premature ejaculation.

Types of premature ejaculation

Premature ejaculation can be classified into two large groups.

  • Primary premature ejaculation: It occurs over a long period of time. It is indeed a problem that has its origin during adolescence. A distortion of sex and the uncontrolled search for rapid sexual satisfaction leads to a lack of control in adult life.
  • Secondary premature ejaculation: This type appears in a relatively short time, that is, the patient had normal control that it does not have now. It may be simpler to redirect with psychological therapy than primary type of premature ejaculation. It may be caused by a change that affects emotions or by a period of stress or anxiety.

There are two factors that influence precipitation when ejaculating, the psychological one that is present in 90% of cases, meanwhile the remaining 10% corresponds to the physiological one. Some of the causes for the appearance of this pathology are:

  • Lack of sexual education: The lack of sexual education that occurs during adolescence leads young people to be satisfied in a precipitous way. This rush to achieve satisfaction can set a trend that continues over time.
  • Anxiety or Stress: The anxiety periods or stressful period the different day-to-day problems can cause, can generate a lack of control over the ejaculation.
  • Little frequency when having sexual relations: If there is long-time lapse between one sexual encounter and the next, it is most likely that you will have an early ejaculation. Having sex frequently helps improve self-control.
  • Bad circulation: The erection is caused by the entry of blood into the cavernous ducts that run the length of the penis. Abnormal flow, produced by poor circulation, can cause the semen to come out prematurely.
  • Extreme sensitivity: Extreme sensitivity in the most sensitive parts of the penis can speed up the process to get out of control, causing ejaculation to come too fast.

The causes of premature ejaculation require a comprehensive look that considers the different intervening factors. Therefore, the complexity of the treatment, since it may require the combination of several approaches. To decide on a treatment plan, the specialist must consider the severity of the symptoms, evaluate the side effects, the patient's expectations and even, if applicable, include his partner in the process.